Visits to the retina specialist can be stressful, and our goal is to help you feel comfortable during your visit. We do our best to maintain short waiting times and avoid overbooking clinics. We promise you will not feel like a number here.
Your visit will be divided into 4 separate stages:
Stage 1 – Check-In
To expedite check-in please be sure to bring the following items to each appointment:
1) Photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport or other Government issued ID)
2) Insurance Cards
3) Your co-payment
There will be important paperwork to fill-out on your initial visit. This will provide us with pertinent medical and surgical history and medications which will help Dr. Hobbs make an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
Your efforts to expedite this process by printing and completing these forms prior to your appointment is appreciated.
Stage 2 – Initial Evaluation/Diagnostic Testing
- Plan on having both your eyes dilated on your initial visit. You and Dr. Hobbs can discuss if dilation will be necessary at subsequent visits. It is a good idea to have someone drive you from your appointments as dilation can impair your ability to drive.
- Be prepared to discuss a history of treatment on your eyes and information that you may have received from your referring physician.
- Be prepared for a thorough examination, including a check of: vision, eye pressure, complete eye exam, and necessary diagnostic pictures.
Stage 3 – Evaluation/Discussion/Treatment
- Dr. Hobbs will devote his best efforts to completely evaluate your eyes and then discuss treatment recommendations with you.
- We try to perform all necessary testing and treatments on the same day if possible. Please understand that extra time will be needed during your visit to complete necessary procedures.
Stage 4 – Check-out and Scheduling of Follow-up
- Schedule a follow-up appointment at the front desk.
- Verify that all necessary insurance information has been collected.
- Ensure that prescriptions for new medications/labs are completed.
If you have any questions regarding your visit, please call us anytime at (480) 482-7100.